Thursday 13 September 2012

The great unveiling of my new cover

Here is the cover for Hannah’s upcoming book. I think it turned out great; it is romantic yet sensual, but I have already had competing opinions. My sister thinks it is nice, but Christmassy – I already changed the original red to darker because of that – and she wasn’t very fond of the red ribbon on the left in general, and my husband thinks the colour is faded and the picture would better sell clothes detergent. So not exactly praising opinions. The ribbon is there for a reason, however. The photo I used wasn’t wide enough for the ideal height/width ratio, and so the canvas needed some filling material, and on its own the photo was a bit overwhelming and needed the red ribbon to balance it out. The overall red hue is so that the text would stand out better and I think it adds to the romantic feel too.


However, I’m sure there are other opinions out there, so feel free to chime in. It is still possible to make changes, provided that I can be bothered to make them. It is surprisingly exhausting work. If you want to compare how the cover fits the book, the blurb is in an earlier post. And the first chapter, still in its unedited state, is available for you to read too. If you don't want to leave a public comment, you can e-mail me as well. You can find the address at the Crimson House Books pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment