Monday 22 January 2024

Another less productive week

I’m writing a blog post for a second week in a row, which definitely hasn’t happened in years. For lack of interesting things to write about, here’s another recap of my life.

Last week, I made a resolution to work on my WIP, House of Magic 5. That didn’t happen. Mostly, because I didn’t feel like it. The cold that had bothered me the week before was mostly gone, so I can’t blame that anymore either. I did think about it a lot though, and I’ve resolved a few issues that were keeping me back.

I wasn’t completely idle. I wrote several hundred words to a book that’s been a side-project of mine for about a year now. It’s on a back-burner and won’t be published until the next year earliest, so it wasn’t exactly a pressing task. But often when I can’t get my writing to work, I go back to it, tweak it or write a chapter or so.  By the time it’s finished, it’ll be either brilliantly polished or a weird mess.

I also redid the covers of the Two-Natured London bundles. I create my own covers and my skills aren’t always up to the task. But I recently figured out how to give the boxes a more 3D effect, so naturally I had to fix the old covers. They’re not perfect, but they’re better than they used to be. You can find them on Amazon only, as theyre on Prime, so members can read them free.

I read a couple of books, one of which, Stars of Chaos, a Chinese boylove steampunk novel by priest, I liked enough to review on my blog. The other was a review copy from Edelweiss, but it was a disappointment and I barely managed to finish it, and only by skimming a lot. I was in a minority though. It has over twenty thousand reviews on Goodreads and most of them are positive.

I read a couple of mangas too, one of which wasn’t even a free review copy, so my decision to cut back on them is on a second week of solid failure. And thats not even counting all the Korean webtoons that I subscribe to.

Lastly, I tinkered with a miniature library that I got as a Christmas present, the kind that will fit into a bookshelf. It’ll take forever to finish; it has so many tiny parts that need to be assembled. My shoulders are in a constant pain for bending down to see better what I’m doing.

So, there was my week. Today, I’ve already opened the WIP file, so there’s a good chance this week it’ll see some progress. I’ll let you know how it went next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment